To round out our series on upcycling, check out some of our favorite DIY upcycling style hacks!
Here's just a few style hacks we love. The great thing about most of these: they look awesome and you can either repurpose items you already have in your closet or run down to your local Goodwill and support their employment project with your purchase!
- Turn a t-shirt into a necklace - http://maxandmedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/04/tutorialdiy-how-to-upcycle-tshirt-into.html?m=1
- Turn a v-neck shirt into a cowl sweater - http://www.trashtocouture.com/2012/10/diy-v-neck-into-gathered-cowl-collar.html
- Make aprons from t-shirts - http://www.ehow.com/how_7822235_make-aprons-shirts.html
- Upcycled denim potholders - http://aarnilintu.blogspot.com/2012/03/lettuja-vai-lappuja.html
- Turn an old sweater into a cozy cowl - http://www.ehow.com/ehow-crafts/blog/create-a-cozy-cardigan-cowl-and-boot-socks-from-an-old-sweater
To see more, check out our Pinterest board of Upcycled style. Plus, feel free to share your own ideas or favorite DIY style hacks. We'd love to see 'em!